Host your group’s meeting at the library! Community meeting rooms are available at both library locations. Our rooms feature audio visual equipment, including projectors and screens, a sound system, blu-ray player, and HDMI connectivity. Laptops are available upon request, please contact Technology Services for availability.
All meeting room reservations are subject to library staff approval.
Meeting Room Policy
Madison County Public Library meeting rooms are available for individuals and organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, charitable, advocacy, civic, religious, recreational and political activities.
- Meeting rooms may not be used for direct sales or private parties (ie birthday parties, showers, family reunions, weddings etc).
- Admission fees cannot be charged for meetings or programs.
- Individuals or organizations must reserve meeting rooms using the library website’s reservation system, or by contacting the library.
- Meeting rooms may be reserved up to three months in advance.
- Those wishing to schedule frequently occurring meetings must receive prior approval from library management. An individual or group may reserve a meeting room no more than five times in a two month period.
- Those wishing to schedule meetings outside of regular library hours must receive prior approval from library management. Richmond meeting rooms may be booked for extended hours for an hourly fee of $50 to account for library security scheduling.
- Groups wishing to provide food or drinks must receive prior approval from library management. The use of hot plates or other cooking appliances is prohibited.
- Property belonging to groups or individuals shall not be stored in library meeting rooms.
- No alcohol may be served or consumed in library meeting rooms.
- A group representative or individual reserving a meeting room must check in at the library’s main desk upon arrival.
Cancellations and No-Shows
Those wishing to cancel a meeting room reservation should do so 24 hours in advance by using the library website’s reservation system, or by contacting the library.
Groups or individuals who are not present 30 minutes after their scheduled meeting time will forfeit their reservation.