Interlibrary loan (ILL) service allows MCPL customers to borrow materials from other libraries across the United States.
- Newly released items are often not available for ILL. Submit a purchase request for items less than 9 months old.
- As delivery time for ILL items is indeterminable, customers should allow for a minimum of two weeks per request.
- Items owned by MCPL that are assumed lost, missing, or long overdue may be considered for ILL.
- Checkout periods will be determined by the lending library.
- Associated fines:
- Customers are responsible for any charges made by the lending library. The library will notify customers of any charges before the materials are ordered.
- Overdue charges: 50 cents per item per day; maximum fine is $5.00.
- A $3.00 charge will be added for ILLs that are requested but not picked up.
- Lost ILL item charge: $45